Yet another successful racing weekend for our athletes. Special mentions: Colin 3rd place overall, Serenity 37min PR, Chris 1st half ever, Jana 21st female at the 70.3 World Championship
The past few weekends were buys yet successful racing weeks for our athletes, coaches and friends.
On the week ending September 2nd, 2012
The Mayflower Sprint Triathlon at Plymouth Rock
-Brian MacIlvain finished 6th overall
-Brian Sampson finished 1st in his Age Group
Rev3 Maine – Half Distance
-Coach Rick Durgin – 4:52hr 1st in his Age Group
-Brad Wagoner – 4:57hr 6th in his Age Group
-Chris Lydon finished his 1st half distance ever, congratulations!
Green Mountain Stage Race
-Noah Manacas competed on this 4 day cycling stage race as his 1st experience ever and had a solid showing finishing 25th at the 1st day time trial, 27th at the 2nd day circuit race and finally dropping to 30+ on the 3rd day stage race when a mechanical 1st and injury 2nd forced him to skip the 4th day criterium. But, he is on the mend and getting ready for cyclocross season.
Big George Half Distance Triathlon
-Serenity Coyne completed her 2nd half distance ever and she managed to post a great 37 min personal best
On the week ending September 9th, 2012
70.3 World Championship
– Jana Richtrova continued her successful season posted a personal best for this course of 5:07hr battling the heat, good enough for 6th in her Age roup and 21st female amateur overall
– Dan Arnett had a solid showing finishing in 5:17hr
– Carolyn Pfalzgraf also battled the elements in addition to a flat tired which affected her final time, still, she overcome this to finish 11th in her Age Group
– Boston Tri teammate Pat Dwyer also fought hard through the tough hot day and though not the result he could have achieved, he completed the race in a solid time.
Rev3 Cedar Point Half Distance
– Colin Dunham also continued his path towards Ironman Arizona and a successful 2012 season finishing 4:27hr which earned him 3rd place amateur overall and 2nd place in his Age Group. Great job Colin!
Pumkinman Half Ironman
– Amy Robinson Greenwood had her return to long course distance racing and she had a great day finishing in 5:32hr.
Lehigh Valley Health Network Marathon
– Boston Tri teammate Meg MacSwan had a great day and achieved her goal of sub 3:35hr to qualify for the Boston Marathon with an official time of 3:34:49!