This past week as a busy and successful racing weekend for our athletes, coaches and friends.
The Rev3 Quassy Triathlon marked the 1st key race in the E3 2012 calendar and we have a great showing between our athletes and fellow Boston Tri Team members.
Saturday racing results:
- Coach Patricia had her 1st race as prep for USAT Nationals and she had a solid result finishing 7th AG and top 30th overall
- Jessica Douglas completed her 1st Olympic distance ever and did it in great style finishing 11th AG!
- Brenda Chroniak also completed her 1st Oly distance ever and posted a solid result.
- Tyler Noyes experienced a tough day at the office suffering a crash after another competitor when down in front of him, followed by 3 flats due to a busted wheel from the crash. Tyler gut it completing the race earning the badass athlete of the weekend.
- Dan O’Neil completed his first triathlon ever with a great attitude and smile in his face!
- Boston Tri Teammates: Victoria Arrigoni had a great day finishing 5th AG & Laura Miyakawa finished 14th AG
- At the Mooseman Oly, Katie Leiras began her season battling the elements and completing successful the distance
- At the Blalock Lock Lakes Sprint, Dan Arnet continued his impressive season finishing 2nd AG and 12th OA.
- Alaina Case Neary had her debut racing as a pro athlete in the Half-ironman distance against a stacked field which included the current Ironman World Champion; Alaina overcame a slow start posting solid bike/run performance and finishing 12th OA.
- Jana Richtrova followed up her win at AmZof a few weeks back with an age group win and 4th place OA females amateur.
- Brendan Hall overcame a crash on the bike and successfully finished the race and barely missed the podium placing 4th AG.
- Brett Johnston had a solid day in his ‘off-triathlon racing and ultra-marathon focused’ year almost matching his result from last year.
- Ed Galante had a solid race in the aqua-bike division while prepping for IM Mt. Tremblant.
- Boston Tri Teammates: Matt Pokress finished 1st AG and 4th OA! Austin Whitman 14th AG, Paul Newman 9th AG, Sean McCormick had a 20min PR, Kayle Shapero 6th AG.
- At Mooseman 70.3, Kris Kaplan continued his prep for IM Lake Placid with a solid result and a PR for that course.
- Brad Wagoner overcame an error after taking a wrong turn on the bike course and still finishing with a solid result.
- Boston Tri Teammate: Mark Vatour had a good showing as prep for IM WI
- At the Escape the Cape Series 9 sprint, Sarah Poplawski finished 4th AG and 9th OA!